Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why a blog about my husband who is a runner?

I have always felt that I was a generous person with my time and talents. I am not very crafty although I try to be at least on Shutterfly, but where I lack in creativity on the gift giving front, I make up for in empathy.

My husband is a crazy runner. And the funny thing is he does not deny it. His running has pretty much set the pace for our marriage, our family and our life. Our days revolve around him deciding whether he will do a short run (4-6 miles) or if he will be gone for a few hours on a Saturday morning, which can also become longer, if he meets his "running friends" at Starbucks. Sometimes he even brings me back a coffee. Lucky me!

But along with Walt's obsessive desire to run like the wind, come some of the funniest behaviors that I sometimes need to pause and ask myself "Did he just do that". So I have been able to empathize with the spouses that are married to crazy runners. I wanted to let them know "you are not alone". I too have a Kenyan wannabe in the midst of my life and so understand. Thus, the creation of this blog because sometimes you just can't make stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment